Something New


In the year and a half that I've been writing this blog, I've had the pleasure of sharing a great deal of information with you about the Disney Parks. Some of it has been mined from the space between my ears. Other bits were culled from research both online and through my own collection of Disney books, magazines, newsletters, files and other items. What I've come to realize is that nowhere does there exist a single, comprehensive resource for information on the Disney Parks and their attractions.

Starting today, I'm setting out to change that. At the new DisneyShawn.com, I'm building a guide to Disney Attractions: Past, Present & Around the World. For starters, I have full articles on all of the original Main Street, U.S.A. attractions at Disneyland. Eventually, you'll be able to not only find out about everything at that park, but also link to similar attractions at the other Disney Parks. Think the Mad Tea Party is the same in every Magic Kingdom? Believe that if you've seen one Big Thunder Mountain, you've seen them all? Guess again.

I hope you enjoy your visits to DisneyShawn.com, and that you'll check back regularly as new articles are added. To paraphrase Walt Disney, "To all who come to this virtual place, Welcome. DisneyShawn is your site." I look forward to your feedback, questions, input, suggestions and even corrections (I'm not perfect, and I certainly don't know everything).

If there's an attraction you're especially curious about, let me know. I'll work on it next! If you have some great old pictures of an extinct attraction, I'd love to include them and give you credit. I already owe a debt of gratitude to Dave DeCaro for generously granting permission for inclusion of some of his vintage Disneyland photos. If you're not familiar with his site, be sure to check it out at Daveland.com.

Thank you all for the support and encouragement you've shown this blog. I look forward to sharing much more with you in future posts, Tweets, site articles and whatever other forums the future might hold.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new site, Shawn! Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Shawn! Best of luck to you with the new site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blog- looking forward to the new site.

    ReplyDelete