Rarest of the Rare


Some Disney characters appear in the Parks so infrequently, most Guests would assume they never leave the silver screen at all. Take Dumbo, for example. Apart from flying in the Magical fireworks spectacular at Disneyland or making a cameo appearance in the Main Street Electrical Parade, he's been a rather shy little elephant. Several years ago, though, when the Dumbo the Flying Elephant attraction in the Magic Kingdom was closed for refurbishment, Dumbo came in for a landing to meet his fans and allay some of their disappointment. With a face that cute, how could anyone be upset about the ride being down?

5 comments:

  1. When I went to Disneyland a few years ago as a child I got some great pictures with some rare characters, and some of which I had to look up to remember their names! I was lucky enough to get pictures with Launchpad, Bonkers, Roger Rabbit, and a strange mouse type character that I think is Gadget, from Rescue Rangers, but with a short haircut! If you want any of the pictures I'd be more than willing to scan them and share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did all the characters have articulated heads? And did they talk?

      Delete
  2. That would be great! If you'd like to send them along to my email address, I'll be happy to work them into a future post with all due credit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard a rumor that Dumbo might return for regular meet-and-greets when his relocated attraction in the reimagined Fantasyland opens.

    Hope it comes true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I used to work with that guy!! I can't remember his name but I saw him around Toon Town a lot back in the day.

    ReplyDelete