Favorite Things: Attraction Toys


For those of you who are celebrating Christmas today, I hope Santa was good to you. Maybe you even got some new Disney toys under the tree. The collection of Disney attraction toys on display in my study at home is rather extensive (and harder each year to keep out of reach of my 5-year-olds).

Some of my favorites are toys from attractions that are no longer in the parks. In the grouping pictured above, you can see a couple of toys sold during the early years at Disney California Adventure. That's a working model of the California Screamin' roller coaster (with original Mickey ears icon) and a spinning toy of the Orange Stinger swing ride (since replaced by Silly Symphony Swings).


A closer look reveals that the toy even sports the bumblebee seats that were on the real ride at opening, but didn't survive long (they kept cracking into each other).

This grouping also includes Mickey and Grrr plush from the Golden State area of the park, a Block Party Bash ball (acquired when the parade was still in California), an Autopia car promo piece from Chevron and a Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage Vinylmation figure.

There's even a boot-shaped mug I picked up at the Golden Horseshoe Saloon on my very first trip to Disneyland back in 1991. I'm not sure if they still offer these mugs or not, but every time I look at it, I can still taste the root beer I had in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment