The Legacy Lives On


I'm not quite old enough to have known Walt Disney during his lifetime, but I've been fortunate over the years to have met and worked with many people who did. Walt Disney was an extraordinary man. Perfect? No. Brilliant? Unquestionably.

Over the course of 43 years, from the founding of his studio (Oct. 16, 1923) to his passing (Dec. 15, 1966), Walt Disney changed the world. Today, his genius has become a legacy that has carried on for another 43 years, with no end in sight.

If you're reading this blog, most likely you are a Disney fan. Take a moment today to think about the legacy of Walt Disney and what it has meant to you and your life. For those of you who actually work for the Walt Disney Company, I invite you to join me in recommitting ourselves to our responsibility. Walt's legacy is entrusted to us. May we continue to make him proud every day.

1 comment:

  1. I love Walt Disney! Unfortunately, I am no longer a castmember...as I moved out of state, but let me say this...I miss it more then anything. It was my dream job and I loved talking to guests about their trip and the fun they were about to have.

    I did work with someone that actually met Walt Disney a few times as she was starting her career with the company. I was in awe of that.

    Thanks for your blogs...I enjoy reading them :o)

    ReplyDelete